Francesca Franchina, MS Ed. speaks with Maureen Pierce and Tim Francis regarding The Sorrows of Our Blessed Mother, The Marian Apparitions in Rwanda/ Our Lady of Kibeho 1981-1990 and Our Lady of Fatima 1917 commenting on the Eucharistic Program at Transfiguration Parish on the Scientific Research, Eucharistic Miracles and Intercessory Prayer. Francesca shares her favorite family recipe for Italian Wedding Soup.
Recipe: Italian Wedding Soup
- Soup: 6 Cups – Chicken Broth 1/2 Cup – Uncooked Soup Pasta 2 Cups – Thinly Sliced Escarole or Spinach Baby
- Meat Balls: 1/2 lb – lean ground beef 1 egg 2T – Dry bread crumbs 1T – Grated Parmesan Cheese 1/2t – dry or fresh parsley 1/2t – garlic powder
- Baby Meat Balls: In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients and then hand roll into 3/4 inch balls.
- Soup: Strain 6 cups homemade chicken broth into another pan; reserve chicken to pull apart in small pieces to put into the soup or use for another recipe. You can also use canned chicken broth (46 ounce can) or powdered chicken soup starter which is very good in a hurry to make six cups!
- Bring broth to a boil, drop in formed meatballs, ½ cup uncooked soup pasta and 2 cups thinly sliced escarole or spinach.
- Cook at slow boil about ten minutes till pasta is cooked (not drowned or mushy but al dente) Stir frequently with wooden spoon so pasta and meatballs don’t get beat up! Ladle into bowls, Serve as a prima piatta (first dish/ soup course) with grated cheese at the table or as a meal with crusty Italian bread/dipping oil and salada verde. Bon Pranzo!
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: Italian