Meet the Author
with Ken Huck every Thursday at 2pm Central / 3pm Eastern
I love being a Radio Maria volunteer! Hosting Meet the Author for nearly four years and I still can’t believe it because each week I have the privilege of talking with the best Catholic authors. What is my favorite book of 2014? How can I possibly choose among so many wonderful books!! Here are my thoughts on my favorites for 2014.
I love conversion stories and we had several wonderful examples this year. Here are my favorites:
- “Something Other Than God” by Jennifer Fulwiler May 8, 2014
- “A Voice UnDefeated” by country music superstar Collin Raye May 29, 2014
- “Not God’s Type” by Holly Ordway. Holly’s conversion is about as improbable as St Paul’s! October 16, 2014
- A book that has had a great impact on my prayer life is “The Better Part” by Fr. John Bartunek November 6, 2014
- “St Peter’s Bones”by Thomas Craughwell. Because of this book I was able to arrange a visit to the excavation under the Vatican this summer and venerate the bones of St Peter! February 20, 2014
- For pure fun Simcha Fisher’s “The Sinner’s Guide to Natural Family Planning” March 13, 2014
- But if you really, really, really pressed me, my favorite book discussed in 2014 was “Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist” by Dr. Brant Pitre April 3, 2014
I know 2015 will be another great year of insightful interviews with top authors of great books. Listen live every Thursday 2pm central/3pm eastern – rebroadcast Saturday midnight central/1 am eastern and again Tuesday 5am central/6am eastern.
Visit “Meet the Author” on Facebook www.facebook.com/pages/Meet-the-Author
You can also find archives of other Meet the Author episodes at http://radiomaria.us/meet-the-author/